Monday, March 15, 2010

Can you believe it's wallpaper?

It's been a while since my last post. I thought life would be quieter since I am no longer working. I think that I have LESS time at home now. Oh, well. At least I had a little bit of time to make a few cards tonight.

A couple of years ago someone gave me several wallpaper sample books. I found out that they could not be used in scrapbooks, since they are not acid free, so I put them away and forgot about them. Now everyone is making cards, and "acid-free" is not a real issue any more.

I was cleaning out my scrap area trying to find some stuff to sell at a "What was I thinking?" sale at Scrapbooks!, and I came across the books again. I decided to sell some of them, but I made the mistake (?) of thumbing through the pages first. I got hooked. You would not believe the texture and awesome color combinations that I found!

These photos do NOT do justice to the cards. Those stripes that you see have almost a courderoy feel to them. The dark blue paper resembles hand-made paper, but with deeper, richer color variations. They are truly beautiful papers.

Wallpaper adds a touch of elegance that you just won't get from ordinary paper. The paper is a little heavier, so you get a very sturdy card when adhered to cardstock.

I did another "variations of a theme" set of cards. All were done using the same 2 sheets of wallpaper (in blues). I can't wait to dig into the pile of pages and do some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment